March 30, 2013

...A letter to my precious baby girl...


{I have been wanting to write a "letter to my daughter" for some time now, but life and all of it's craziness has put many of my personal projects on the sideline. As I sit here and reflect, I realize that life is about to get even more crazy, because baby Chloe Grace, is about to make her arrival and add to our family of three!} 

Miss Emma,

You are the absolute light of your mommy and daddy's world. When we decided we wanted to have a baby, we never thought in our wildest dreams that something as perfect, precious and darling as you would enter our lives.

You are everything that I could ever want in a daughter. You are sweet, caring, spunky, independent, feisty, athletic, SMART, BEAUTIFUL, daring, brave, tough, sassy, strong, loving, FUNNY, goofy, adventurous, inquisitive, kind, fun, opinionated and sensitive. There are many, MANY more adjectives that I could use to describe you, but the list would be three pages long! :)

I feel so blessed to be able to spend every day, all day with you...loving you, teaching you, playing with you, seeing all of your special moments and milestones of learning, living and growing. I hope that I can continue to do so with you and your little sister until you are both old enough to go to kindergarten.

Your dad and I often reminisce about the days when you were a helpless little baby, just learning how to eat, crawl, walk and talk. We can NOT believe how fast you are growing up. It sometimes makes us sad that time if flying by way too fast; on the contrary, it's also a joy to see you turning into this amazing little girl.

The weeks are flying by and before we know it, you are going to officially be a big sister! You are going to be an amazing big sissie and having two sisters myself, I am so excited about the bond of sisterhood that you will be able to experience throughout your life.

Our lives are all about to get much more exciting as we embark upon this new adventure with our growing family. As much as I can not wait to meet your baby sister and start this new journey, I am embracing these next 9 weeks with just YOU. You are incredible in every way, and I love you to the moon and back!

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That is very special - she will love reading that when she gets older. You're an amazing mom.